Our online collection of White Rock newspapers reflects the many dramatic eras in the history of a community known for its distinct sense of identity. Each issue of the Semiahmoo Sun and White Rock Sun is a valuable window on the past. First published in 1939, the modest 4-page weekly grew quickly, mushrooming to over twenty pages by the mid 1960s. With the incorporation of White Rock in 1957 the paper changed its name to the White Rock Sun, and the rest is history… that you can read for yourself!
The White Rock Museum & Archives collection of historic and contemporary newspapers contains issues of several different newspapers including the Semiahmoo Gazette, Semiahmoo Sun, White Rock Sun and Peace Arch news from 1913 to the present. Issues of the Semiahmoo Sun and White Rock Sun from 1940 onward are being digitized in an ongoing project. Partial funding for the project was provided by the Irving K. Barber Learning Institute at the UBC Library. The driving force behind the project is the volunteers of the White Rock Museum & Archives. Without them, this online window on the past would not have been possible.
To Select a Page
To Print a Page